Workforce transformation is like establishing a movement among your employees
It starts slowly, builds momentum and eventually is transformative. Read more...
Educating, motivating and inspiring your employees to transform the culture of the organization to support a common shared purpose and vision is not easy. It requires a unified leadership team that is on the same page, a clear articulation of what the culture should be and the time and resources that are necessary to transform the culture to make it a reality.
All too often companies just provide lip service and a prayer that it can be achieved. But it doesn’t happen that way. It requires a unified organized movement with effective communication channels, transparency, and frequent communication with tangible recognition and rewards that reinforce positive behavior and change. Today effective transformation utilizes broadcast communications, social media outlets and interactive outlets working in unison to create a compounding effect.
Here are some tactics and ideas for you to consider:
- Create momentum and dialogue through viral communications, blogging and social networks by senior management and the rank-and-file
- Ask for contributions and ideas through two-way communications and dialogue
- Establish peer to peer recognition and rewards programs
- Emphasize on-boarding, training through innovative approaches and gamification. Computer based learning is over!
- Recognition and rewards should be tied back to specific transformational behaviors and goals not sales and performance alone
- Establish brand ambassador programs that transcend functions, regions and rank and let employees design their own priorities and programs that are fully funded and supported by leadership
By addressing some of these ideas, organizations can create greater employee appreciation. As a result, leaders will build momentum among staff with clarified communications, long-term loyalty, positive customer centric outcomes and long-term employee retention. All these factors help reduce costs and increase revenue and return on investment. Don’t procrastinate. Start a movement and transform your culture for success.
To learn more about how our clients are transforming their culture for greater employee engagement please visit our website at www.inwardconsulting.com.